Thread: GT Open 2021
View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2021, 21:41 (Ref:4034182)   #14
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilter Will View Post
Entry list is so small. So I'm starting think, that there is need of returning to the roots - multi-class racing. I'm telling not only about GTC/GT4, which number are also not enough. Maybe it's time to allow to compete GTE-spec (GT2) cars along with GT3.

This decision can fill starting grid because of 2 reasonse: Europe is full of GTE cars, participation in GT Open is much cheaper than in ELMS. Or it's absolutlely bad idea?

GT Open previously allowed GTE, and barely any ran in the final year of running GTE.

As my post above says, we have the same number of announced entries this time of year as we did last year.

People freak out every year at grid numbers being low 2-3 months before the season starts.

You have to wait for teams to announce their entries in line with their sponsorship obligations and driver signings.

Grid count in early February is absolutely zero reflection on how many cars will be on track at the start of the season. That applies for every series. GTWC Europe have barely announced any cars yet, doesn’t mean they will struggle for grid count