View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2021, 07:18 (Ref:4071325)   #4
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Would be a great move for both Bottas and Alfa Romeo. Williams may be ahead of Alfa Romeo in the championship currently, and seemingly improving, but Alfa Romeo have almost certainly had the better car all year. I remember someone at Alfa Romeo saying, 'we have the better car, Williams have George Russell' (it wasn't quite as much of a dig at their drivers as it sounds - https://www.racefans.net/2021/07/05/...-have-russell/) to explain the battle between them, and to be honest I think that sums up the situation. Raikkonen was obviously a great driver in his prime but since he returned to Ferrari has been declining, and that has continued into his years with Alfa Romeo. Bottas, on the other hand, is better than he gets credit for as he is not too far behind Hamilton, one of the best drivers of all time, and would surely be a massive upgrade on either Raikkonen or Giovinazzi. I think they should get a Ferrari junior (Ilott, Schwartzman or Schumacher, but the latter will probably stay at Haas) in the second car.