View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2013, 14:27 (Ref:3289288)   #59
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well....traction-motor hybrid systems to one side for a mo..........HPD appear to have positioned the turbo in the identical position as mandated by the 2014 F1 turbo regulations.......this would then allow them to use the motor-generator unit that will be fitted under the air-box, in the middle of the engines V-angle, soon to be pioneered by the Honda F1 team, this will both spin up the turbo for anti-lag (boost on demand), and also generate a bit of power when running steady state.......dont get too excited about the latter, as the amount of energy generated is almost not worth the effort......but the ability to boost on demand in order to keep the engine rpm as low as possible and save a load of fuel, now thats well worth having.......i'm only using my intuition based on the HPD LMP1 turbo position images........but it looks like they are preparing to possibly use the F1 E-booster technology at some point in time.

this is basically another way to do what audi tried to do with their air-reservoir system recently banned.

But really this is very "road relevant" and its what all OEM's are now doing.......just trust me on that one :-)