Old 31 Jan 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3880940)   #3
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
RedSquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
make some quick observations
About toyota; I found out that silverstone and sebring share a similiar lap average speed. If toyota manged to qualify in 1.36 at silverstone, I'd expect a 1000miles pole in 1.36-1.37 as well.

Fastest private lmp1 (smp or rebellion) should qualify 2-3 seconds slower. Much faster than dpi of course.... well nothing strange actually, lmp1 have about 100hp more and weight about 100kg less
I agree about the Toyotas, but the privateers will probably be closer than you've guessed here. The 1 Rebellion was less than 3 tenths off pole in Shanghai. Even though in the rain in the race, the 4WD Toyotas cleared off into the distance, their best laps were less than a second faster than the privateers when the rain stopped and the track started to dry. Toyota's 4WD allowed the drivers to be more confident in the heavier rain. If Sebring is dry, it could be quite a competetive race.
(Just watch me eat my words in 6 weeks.)

Something else to consider is that the WEC qualifying will be at night (track still warm and grippy but the air cool(ish) and dense) while IMSA's will be in the middle of the day.

The speed through Turn 1 will be amazing.