Thread: 2024 Rallying
View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 2023, 14:37 (Ref:4188345)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
Don't knock M Sport please. Remember that they have very limited funding and no manufacturers' money like the other two.
I think M-Sport deserve credit for still competing at the top level and have done very well considering their budget compared with the works teams. Let's face it - without M-Sport rally1 would be dead. However, they have suffered with reliability issues all year that they've seemingly been unable to get on top of and arguably that's lead to them losing their best driver for next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I wonder if the introduction of the Rally2 Yaris will hit their Rally2 sales/customer base as well?
You've got to think it'll dilute the sales somewhat but M-Sport do seem to have a good customer base of models below the Rally2 car as well so that might protect them somewhat. Also the R5 cars are cropping up on more clubman events now as well so with support for those still coming from M-Sport there's still a good sized revenue stream I'd think.