View Single Post
Old 28 May 2007, 12:20 (Ref:1922776)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1manoz
F1 cars have no effect on car sales. Toyota are now the number brand globally yet their F1 operation is a shambles at best.

I don't think Renault will pull out of F1 in the near future, but since Ghosn isn't the biggest fan and is cycnical of the returns F1 brings, if Renault are not winning at least every now and then, he'll pull the plug. He talkes a lot of sense.
I agree with you there, F1 doesn't much affect car sales, at least to put some pressure in how successful they must be. Renault has made a lot of ads about F1 and its relation with their cars, so maybe Carlos is thinking it would be embarassing to keep this line of promotion rather than quit F1...

Last edited by Bononi; 28 May 2007 at 12:33.