View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2008, 20:04 (Ref:2146508)   #305
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had a "discussion" with my observers at Oulton Park last year. They were convinced that I'd put the red flag out from the scanner, I was adamant that I'd waited for it to come out at the next flag point - I was "quick" because I was ready and waiting, knowing the out flag could see the lights on the bridge. How both observers could see the turn of events when the two flag points are more than 180 degrees apart proved that they had made a bad assumption (which basically summed up their level of "observing" that weekend - but that's a different story). The accident was on the startline so there was no rush to get the flag out on my post - I was actually testing out my own reflexes.

After 18 years' flagging, I like to have the advantage of being prepared and know as well as anybody the importance of not acting on either the scanner or the race commentary (I've seen that happen). I object to anyone accusing me of "jumping the gun" - unless I have done, which is unlikely.

We all make mistakes and I'm not claiming to be perfect. If only I were!!!!!!