View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2008, 20:29 (Ref:2147043)   #319
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've had a scanner for couple of years now and it's the best piece of kit I've ever purchased. No end of times I've been stuck somewhere around a circuit with no idea as to what any particular delay maybe, or how long it may take to clear-up, but without disturbing Race Control (if I'm even able to, I may be the other side of the track from my Observer), I've been able to inform my fellow marshals that maybe we have time for a cup of coffee or even a run to the toilets.

Also, as a Flag Marshal, it can help to know what Race Control are talking about...ie; Black Flags, Rescue on Stand-By (heads-up for the Red Flag), leaking cars etc,etc.......

As has been stated (and as is stated by me at EVERY Post briefing), YES, I am using a scanner but it is for INFORMATION only and is NEVER to be acted upon.

So far, I have never come across an Observer/Post Chief/Corner Captain (insert chosen title here) that has had any problem with the above and actually....... I would have a problem with the first one that ever does.