View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2022, 12:05 (Ref:4126700)   #209
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I'm not surprised really after this year, strange for them to introduce a new car for one year and then can it though! Be good to see more of them in BGT.
Same here to be honest. At most, Ginetta must have only about 14-16 G56 GT4s racing in the UK, we peaked at 10 in Supercup, and then there is Assetto's British GT entry, and the Ginetta 'factory' car that raced in the GT4 race at the Silverstone Classic. There's probably a couple of others in use in Britcar/GT Cup, and a couple of spare cars. I think there are a couple of G56s out in the USA that have made one or two entries in SROs GT4 America and GT America series last year and this year. Plus I think there are a couple in Japan. Added together that's maybe around 25 cars?

The pairing of Robertson and Sansom did well in British GT in 2021, and Tomlinson and Wheeler will probably improve as they get older (I think both must only be about 15-17yrs old?) So the car has got some form. I think its also won races (in a sub-class) in GT4 America, and in Super Taikyu. Hopefully Assetto, Elite and Breakell will run cars in British GT next year given the other Ginetta stalwart Century has a British GT-partnership with BMW.

I'm wondering if this British GT-only announcement was foreshadowed somewhat by Darren Leung and Charlie Robertson's guest entry in Leung's G56 in British GT at Brands Hatch? Testing endurance racing in the GT4 for '23?