View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2000, 23:30 (Ref:30256)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I watched the F1 Hungarian GP, the CART race at Mid-Ohio and the Winston Cup road race at The Glen was the best road course race this weekend. The F1 race was essentially over after the first turn when Mika Hakkinen overtook Michael Schumacher, the CART race was dominated by the Penske cars but the Winston Cup race at The Glen provided more passing and drama than the other two. In fact, the Watkins Glen WC race had more passing than the Brickyard 400 race last weekend. I wish NASCAR would build another track like The Glen and race at one more road course each year.

As far as the incidents in the race, too bad for Jerry Nadeau, Ricky Rudd, Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Ron Fellows. They could have made it a much more exciting race at the end if they didn't have their share of problems.

What was the deal between Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon? My take on it is that Tony Stewart needs to learn to be more patient. He probably could have won the race if he had been more patient with Gordon in that situation especially that early on in the race.