View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2018, 03:45 (Ref:3856048)   #158
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
ITs hard to know where motorsport goes from here.

I agree that is a bit hard to get passionate about COTF "Mustangs" vs these mystical RWD V8 "Commodores" and Nissans or whatever may come along. I mean they are so mutated from the road cars they are supposed to represent, they are basically sports sedans or Nascar or Transams,

I cant see "Dave the Drongo" getting all excited after the race and stirring his mate "my Mustang is better than your Altima"

But we have production bathurst at easter. I enjoy it but its a ramshackle bunch of old way falcons and commos and mismatch of hyundais toyotas too many BMWs. It is interesting for a little while, but watching FWD 4 cyls (some very old) beetling round a track isnt going to spark the imagination of the great unwashed for a full season.

So we have February GT3 race. I love this and it is gaining traction with car nuts and some petrol heads. But im not about to get all parochial or tribal for My audi vs your porsche or My Lambo vs your Ferrari. Again great to watch for a day but not a year long headline act.

Right now the only class im passionate about is TCM and Im very aware they are NOT historical racers, but modern race cars in an older body. And we desperately need someone to put an end to the Johnson/Bowe show it has become.