Thread: A sad sad day..
View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2001, 11:11 (Ref:131622)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure that the place wont die, like Ray says, it's in a catchment area, and plus the soil is fairly dodgy. It's in a specially zoned area, but I guess that can always be changed. When the track was put on the market a few years ago, apparently there was a strong response, but that was more a move to keep the bank happy.

Heck, when QR came on the market, there were people lining up for a piece of it, and it was bought for $3.5mil....and I think they would be accepting less than that for Lakeside.

My major concern at the moment is that they let the place trade, especially with a few of the big upcoming meetings...

But there have been some funny things happening over there for a while now. This government grant saga, the gold card program (which had about 150 members, who were supposedly guaranteed with their investment....time will tell if they get their money back) doubling all track entry/hire fees, and changing from Helicopter Services to Currumbin Area Rentals....it's hard to know at this stage what really went on.