View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2021, 15:42 (Ref:4082619)   #9
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One thing that seems absolutely potty to me is that you need an ARDS stiff ticket before you're allowed to race, unlike 55 years ago, and that costs loads.

And the reason that I say potty is because I would say that driving standards nowadays are far poorer than they were back in the days when I competed. I managed 5 years of cut and thrust competition without one bit of damage to my car. I admit that two scratches happened, one when I misjudged my entry into the covered part of the Brands paddock and just touched one of the side poles with one of the extended rear wheel arches. And the second happened when we were driving back to the paddock from the pits at Brands and the brakes gave up completely and I very, very gently rolled into the back of the car in front - no damage to either cars.