View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3886810)   #179
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
speaking of Merc... looks like they have already brought out what seems to be a fairly substantial aero upgrade for the second test. new front wing, new nose, plus a bunch of new fins/wiglets.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...e-w10/4343980/

apparently this was a planned update which just leaves me astonished by their development pace. i havent looked at the times today yet, but it wouldnt surprise me to see Merc once again ignoring the softer compounds and hiding their true pace.

wishful thinking on my part but i hope the update really means they have messed up somewhere and are unsure about the best way forward.

side note but its ridiculous that in testing they use the proper names for the tires (C1 to C5) but for the races they will just call whatever three compounds they decide to bring hard, medium, and soft regardless of their actual designation (its so ridiculous i doubt what i just typed even made sense!).

was a unified colour code really that difficult for people?
In my link above, James Vowles suggests it was a bit difficult.

"They will remain those colours throughout the season. Previously, with six tyre colours, it could be slightly confusing for people at home, so maintaining the same colours and names every weekend should make it easier for everyone."

I think the upgrades are planned, and Merc are entering into a bit of 'trolling' with the upgrade - '83 laps this morning for Lewis Hamilton and W10! Spot anything new? 👀🤔'