Thread: IMSA: USCR 2018
View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2017, 01:33 (Ref:3749692)   #306
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Need I remind you that Penske was PO'd at Grand Am over the BOP against Porsche after Brumos won the Daytona 24 in '09? And that some of the guys in charge back then are still in charge at IMSA. Even if it's what HPD wants (the Penske history of him using as much of other interested parties' money as possible and using as little of his own), that still has to factor in.

And even if HPD are the ones who want no BOP to LMP2s, why would IMSA be inclined to bend over backwards for them over anyone else?

Unless there's more DPI teams knocking on the door or they get a surge of LMP2 teams that want a pro am class, there's little justification for a split right now. I'm in favor of a split since I don't think that BOP between DPI and LMP2 makes a ton of sense, but my opinion doesn't count here, IMSA's does.