Old 24 Oct 2008, 13:54 (Ref:2319964)   #44
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Physical I would agree with-mental I would not.Hormonal irrelevant.Point is physical strengh is not needed for motorsport,or equestrian,aeroplanes,boats,etc.Not sure why men & women golfers do not compete together-sounds more like ancient pregedice suviving?
That no woman has ever won a major championship,as has been said before is more to do with numbers.Few have this interest or means to start.
Not sure what you regard as a 'significant' series but watch for Natasha Gatchang in spanish F3. Bia Figuerio in Indy Lights.Leanne Tander in AUS-love to see her beat her husband in the supercars
Rob29,
When you say that physical strength is not needed in motorsport do you really know what you are talking about,you do not need a lot of it like a weight lifter, but you do need the endurance to maintain the level for longer, not to mention the mental endurance to maintain the concentration for the same period?

To say that men & women should compete together in golf is ludicrous on your part, because the females get flogged every time they do, eg. Anika Sorenson arguably the best female golfer ever, took on the blokes a couple of years ago and didn't even make the cut.

To say that hormonal is irrelevant is strange because it seems that females rarely produce the competitiveness that males do due to the hormone testosterone which cannot be produced by a female, I am informed.

Last edited by Dasher; 24 Oct 2008 at 14:00.