View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2008, 02:29 (Ref:2320349)   #49
Nero
Racer

Nero should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since I am 203cm and 125kg I doubt that there would be a single seater in the world big enough, so no I have not done as you ask - nor would 99% of the readers of this forum. However I would add that single seaters are a sideline in Australia and not the main game. The sedan often use power steering as do many of the sports cars. I have seen Weber up close and he is fit, but not an overly strong man.
You place far too much emphasis on hormones or perhaps you do not understand their function. You as a (presumably) male person have a balance of both that changes over time as does any woman. The balance is different for different people. Would you be able to do 30 chin ups after a workout? I cannot.
I would agree with the proposition of numbers plus the filtering effect of choice lead us to where we are. Were motorsport considered a valid sporting choice for women, you would find those attracted to it would be interested and thus perhaps more likely to become adept at it. The filtering would occur at an early age as it does for boys with Karts...those with talent generally continue (if they have the money) those without talent filter out. Those that go through get better...we never have the same number of girls go through the same process. So we start off with far far less, they are repeatedly faced with opinions that they will never be as good a boys etc etc.