Old 7 Jun 2014, 15:05 (Ref:3416607)   #314
Jim Craik
Rookie

United States
Saratoga, CA
Jim Craik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I say the following with some trepidation, and from well below the parapet in case of any incoming, but I some times think that many of our American cousins, Gawd bless them all, believe that with just some cash and Obama's 'Can do' mentality that they can "conquer" all before them. Just to prove that I am an ecumenical abuser, I also believe that this is a trait shared by a number of Russians.

Formula 1 is a highly complex "sport", and the leading teams will have already started preparing their cars for 2015, and will no doubt have staff assigned to just that, and they already have all the necessary infrastructure in place and well structured. They will probably have started some preparatory work on the 2016 chargers.

Now Haas has to find these type of people, and all the good ones will be tied up in contracts with their current employers. If he wants them, they will need to hand their notices in, and in many cases that can result in them having to take "gardening" leave for many, many months because they will all have non-compete clauses in their employment contracts.

And, unless he does have a competent F1 trained team principle/manager on board, he is not going to be truly able to go about unearthing all the hidden costs that are involved in running a team, even if that team was a minnow.
Mike,

I think you got us there.

Looking back over the years, we have had some very "short" forays into F1

Lance Reventlow, Gurney, Parnelli Jones, the first Hass, Peter Windsor's group, even Penske.....

There have been some who stayed around a little longer like Shadow, but for the most part, F1 is more than they bargined for.