View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2014, 08:51 (Ref:3417396)   #324
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
BBC reporting Fernandes definitely ready to offload Caterham so if I were Haas or Kolles ans there aren't any nasties hidden in the team's books, I would be bidding to take that outfit over?
What's the point? What would this do to progress F1 outside the UK? I think the International audience is sophisticated enough to tell the difference between a thinly disguised British team and a German/Romanian or American team.

I think (or at least hope) we are seeing a fundamental shift in F1 policy. I think the F1 powers have finally realised that the sport is doomed unless they have a more international spread of teams. The 'UK F1 Championship' doesnt cut it with the International audience anymore. I hope it's no coincidence that both new teams will be based outside the UK. Not sure if Bernie's troubles have lessened his influence on the sport or if he's seen the light, but it's clear that the German bankers (or where ever they're from) who own the sport realise they need to get more global to survive long term. Once Bernie departs (nobody is immortal), I think the global trend will accelerate. Otherwise the sport is dead.