View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2022, 14:49 (Ref:4097247)   #946
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am reviving a bit of an old thread, but I think this is the closest thing to a generic Haas F1 thread.

I have generally gotten the feeling that for the most part, Haas has been going through the motions. Junior drivers with no F1 experience. Little or no development to a car that was known to have issues. That it was all just a holding pattern with minimal budget until they can get to the 2022 season and have a fresh new start with a new technical spec as well as the financial cost caps. That in a way, this is what they wanted F1 to be back when they jumped in with the 2016 seasons. I assume they have been concentrating on 2022 for awhile now.

There have been many rumors about a sale of the team (including to Mazepin). And I also wonder if they are holding on until 2022, is that to see how the team does before making a decision (go forward, or sell)? Even then, with two junior drivers, do they expect to set the F1 world on fire in 2022 even if they do have at the least an average car? Someone will always have to be at the tail end of the grid. What if all they do is close the gap to those in front of them?

Richard