View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2015, 22:49 (Ref:3545369)   #254
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Re FIAWEC app problems

Okay - the routine to get in if you've subscribed before is to
- click on 'Subscribe'
- key in your details,
- enter same email you subscribed with originally
- set your password as it was previously
- [I don't know what happens if you very the other options - such as choosing to live on Bouvet Island]
- so long as the email / password combination matches the process jumps past payment straight to confirm.

Has worked fine for me on Android.

From a UX perspective it's cludgey as all hell - but does mean those of us who've paid for it don't need to tear our hair out trying to get a password reset function or similar to work.

At risk of sounding endlessly fogeyish a lot of us do remember well when the limited footage schedule found by Chiana would have been much appreciated. I remember spending an affordable but non trivial amount to try and watch 2001 Le Mans online when a Channel 4 and Digital Island (hands up who remembers them as a hosting provider) offered a so-called streaming solution - which was fine right up until the point you realised the standard connection means back then was a 56k modem. Going further back my first recollection of Le Mans 'live' was scrabbling around on holiday in Germany in 1983 trying to make the most of the periodic updates that British Forces Radio broadcast (for reference it was simultaneously disappointing for not providing much more than a quick run down of the top 3 and where notable British drivers were, and incredibly good - because can any of us think of a mainstream station today giving that level of coverage?) - we're pretty spoilt for choice these days...