View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2015, 23:37 (Ref:3545380)   #259
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
My guess was that they did it quickly before and used the Google or iTunes payment thing. Now they want your contact details and to control the subscription themselves. Is that plausible? The app knew you had subscribed already?
I checked and I had paid via iTunes.

I did wonder if this meant I could now log on via the web rather than the app and have the access there too. I haven't checked.

(Sorry for the painful autocorrect in my last post. I'd before? I ink? )
At risk of straying vastly off topic having the ease of doing payment and authentication through Google or iTunes will raise the sign up rate, because it makes it easy in that you don't have to dig out your payment details etc - and if you cleverly write the sign up process and hook it in with your marketing automation you get all the useful details anyway. That said, having gone to see if there was a meaningful way of testing to see if the login I'd used worked on a Web version was a pretty fruitless experience so I'm not sure they've quite grasped how to link together users to subscribers to something they can effectively sell.

Just so long as they don't insist on a vast app update on the Saturday morning of Le Mans (not unheard of) I'll forgive them most of these digital transgressions, but I do wish they'd hire someone who paid proper attention to it as a delivery channel.