View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2007, 13:31 (Ref:2083613)   #31
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
Considering how everyone has been talking about Scott Sharp setting up his own team, you'd guess that that would be what he's trying to do now. I can't imagine him going to NASCAR or Champ Car, and throwing togeather an ALMS team with that little sportscar experience? For me the most realistic option seems to be running a car for himself in IRL and jumping in for a few of the longer ALMS races.
A good friend of mine who works for an IRL team said that Scott wanted to set up a team but after looking into the operation decided against it

I can see him going to ALMS with Patron and Bobby getting a nice pay off

It's interesting though that this story of a potential "lost" car gets so much attention but the Roth team expansion is largely ingored.

I think Rahal will remain as a two car team with Hunter Reay in the #17 and someone else in the #8

That is only my opinion, I may be wrong but that's where I think we are at

And off slightly, according to my friend, the situation regarding Milka Duno and her 2008 participation should be cleared up shortly after christmas

Citgo are apparently keen to keep their name on the car for 2008 but whether or not Milka will be in the car is another thing and the Citgo deal could depend on her being the driver