View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3920299)   #81
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From Dan Wright's commentary it would of been a 10 car Supercar Final, if Mike Mannings Fiesta and Tristan Ovenden's DS3 had been able to race.

I disagree with the badly organised comment, they had a TV timetable to stick to, and one of the cost savings mentioned was less mechanics, so as they seemed to have a heat every hour, I thought they did well to always field 3 full five car heats.

Gaps always seemed to be a thing when live TV is involved and at least with Lydden it gives a chase to walk round and view from a different spot.

Mark Donnelly did look good in the C4 and initially was as quick as Renny Munich off the line in the final. Did well to get a front row start, after taking joker in Q3 when it had been abandoned due to standing water, and missing it in Q4.

As for the Titans, I wasn't sure at first by their look, but the racing in the heats was simply amazing. So good to see a full grid going into Chessons, rather than the usual split for the joker.

A thoroughly enjoyable race meeting, especially impressive as it was only their second event.