View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2016, 18:24 (Ref:3618274)   #95
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
I'll disagree about Gordon being a horrendous broadcaster. I though he did quite well. He's new to this, the chemistry still needs to fully jell, but I think this is going to make a excellent broadcast team. One thing that I did notice, to me anyway, DW didn't seem to interrupt or try to over-talk Jeff as much as he has anyone else that has been in the booth. Perhaps Gordon is the "Balance" that DW has needed, to tone him down a bit. Something I noticed about Jeff as well, he is so fresh, from being out of the series, that he still has more of a driver's point of view of things that happen. Because of this, he will more quickly diagnose or spot things happening on track and why, than DW will. DW is good at picking things up, but he has been out from behind the wheel for a good while now, so he doesn't tend to see things quite as quickly as he did, when he was closer to the time that he got out of the cockpit of the car.
Good points.

I've never liked Jeff's voice or personality, so I am sure that has a lot to do with my opinion of him as a broadcaster. It also just seemed awkward; perhaps because it was his first real go at it. He did have more inside info than DW did, I'd agree to that.

DW has always been a "character", albeit annoying, but could be somewhat entertaining right out of the gate. Jeff is as bland as they come, with no spice or excitability about him.

Again, never liked him so I am biased.