View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3702913)   #10
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I went (as usual) on Thursday and enjoyed a look around. Fortunately as it was 'work' the parking ticket was paid for as was my entrance.
I thought the show was noticeably smaller (well, less crowded) than previous years, but again, this seems to be a continuing trend, the advantage being that it made getting around far more easier.
There were a few interesting displays to look at, plus it was interesting to see the latest BTCC and Rally Cars close up, but really I spent most of my time there seeing old friends or networking.
The show has changed noticeably over the last 25 years or so, due to the interweb there's very little actual 'news' to be learned at the show, plus, there's not the 'need' to go to the show and buy your new helmet/gloves/seatbelts or even car anymore so it has had to change to a more showbizzy event (things like the Live Action Arena) to appeal to a bigger/different audience (more Top Gear/Grand Tour viewers than true enthusiasts) but that gets people through the door.