View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2023, 15:03 (Ref:4179465)   #21
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
so essentially the new team needs to come in for 2025 and/or before the new concord agreement comes into effect and massively increases the buy-in/franchise/anti-dilution fee?

i have to wonder whether or not the issue is really about a new team or if its about delaying the new team into 2026 or later with the aim of securing a much larger future buy in amount?

these rumours of Renault pulling their engine deal could speak to tactics of delay?
I call this 2025 vs. 2026 issue above. I believe that is exactly what is going on. That if Andretti comes in as part of 2026 (and no doubt with larger fees) the teams will all of a sudden welcome them with open arms.

I have heard the Renault rumor. No clue if it is true or not.

Richard