View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2011, 19:38 (Ref:3002863)   #15
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan View Post
I believe that he's now living in the south of France.
yes I too heard this......I was previously a designer for Mountune in Essex, which was close-ish to Hart's F1 premises....... then I couincidentally worked for TWR......anyway, while at Mountune we employed a few of the old Hart engine builders and from what I heard Tom Walkinshaw properly screwed Brian over, the ex-hart engine builders said some scathing things about TWR.......... TWR's angle was something along the lines that the previous seasons Hart F1 engines were not up to the performance levels promised and it all went down hill from there, soon after Hart shut down, TWR took over the Hart F1 engine programme with John Hilton (Ex Cosworth) running it full time in Oxfordshire with a few of the ex Hart designers......untill TWR sold the engine programme in a fire sale to Renault F1......just before TWR went bankrupt.......so as they say, what goes around comes around.........I never met brian but heard he was one of the good guys, I'm told all he cared about was F1 engines.