View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1445831)   #21
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think the current series is rubbish anyway and has been since 95 but as a motorsport fan I do watch the Taxis time to time so while I don't like your ideas mac :ie turning them more into nascar....even more a yawn fest I do like one the test session idea .

for me I would perfer a revert back to a GrpA type rule with S/Touring aero (ie: controled rear wing and open front splinter and all on 19" wheels) open to drive formats and no turbos with a cap on capacity ie 5lt and cars can only run motors that are sold in the cars with cars only sold in Australia and complited in Australia. with success blast gve to even fields. This would allow Australian teams to bulid Wtcc cars if they wanted to compete on the world stage.
Until we have a true Aussie C/ship with the makes that are sold in this country I'll remain very happy to keep my eye glued to the Aussie's in action o/s in F1/A1/WRC and to a lesser margin champ car (USA racing is boring well more the comm).
The taxi racing is about as far from Aussie racing as you can get both cars are power by USA old tech god a camry is more Australian than a commodre .
the problem is to cars are to equal !!!!!!!! the so called freight train has been going since 95 for god sake LET IT DIE , just for a change don't belive the ch 10/TC hype. so my vision kill off these boring taxis and bring back a real ASTCC which we don't have and mind you can't have as AVESCO holds the rights to the name Australian Touring Car Championship
well I'll go know and sit back and enjoy watching this thread unfold