View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3882395)   #217
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
let's say that for ergonomic and functionality reasons, a kill switch should be placed as far as possible from left/right thumb IMHO
I build control room software and simulations for oil rigs. I've seen some crazy ergonomic nonsense at times, but not like these wheel switches. The oil rig equivalent of a kill switch is called a TPS (Total Platform Shutdown). It kills everything from wells all the way to export lines, generators, shoves the gas up the flare. The only thing that stays running is a UPS for essential 'life support' systems. You'd never dream having the TPS button in a place it could accidentally be hit. A software TPS button would require a confirmation, whilst a hardware one would be a double action (lift and push).

I don't understand these steering wheels, and having now seen the Bentley one, I'm amazed this isn't more common.