View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2007, 11:04 (Ref:1842025)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I wonder if this project was responsible for the CC 'split'?

After all, this Group C thing never took off and then Dave Cook set up Dave Cook Racing Services around the same time which then went onto become a pretty successful preparation business in its own right.

I'm not quite sure what the late Pete Clark did afterwards but I know he ran a few people under the CC Motorsport banner such as Bob Sands in a BTCC Sierra Cosworth for a bit in 1988?

Dave Cook on the other hand continued to prepare production and touring spec cars for people around Europe, like Toyota Supras for the Martin brothers in Belgium. In the UK, Dave looked after Thundersaloon projects like the Cologne Capri of Vince Woodman, then the Senator and Carlton which Vince shared with John Cleland. This effectively kicked off DCRS's relationship with GM and Cleland which continued into Group A with the class winning BTCC Astra GTE and then the early days of Super Touring with the Cavaliers.

Surely Clark and Cook combined (and separately?) must be the most underrated of preparation experts, when you consider that the likes of Alan Mann, Andy Rouse, TWR and Prodrive have become legendary prep outfits over the years?

Last edited by chunterer; 10 May 2021 at 21:56.