Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3788171)   #52
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To your point, I think Ferrari could do a throwback simple engine, and I agree maybe all they really want is to decide what they want to use even if it is a simple engine. But even then, either they have a relatively open formula (which may require extra cost for anyone new who is joining to figure out what is the best solution), or they create a closed specification (which they say they don't want and pretty much replicates the current situation minus complexity).

I don't think FIA can employ tactics of the past. If Ferrari wants to start a series, let them have at it. Don't punish drivers, etc. I can say that FIA would still do what they can within reason to make life difficult for Ferrari.

Richard