View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2016, 20:19 (Ref:3619645)   #641
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post

But more importantly, what is to stop FOD especially a wheel coming down, possibly one that is bouncing, on top of the driver; the "halo" gives no protection from above. There is also a probability that, as freak an incident as it may have been, Massa would not have been protected by this "halo".
This is exactly the point I was trying to make about the expanse open to a dropping piece of debris, i hate to keep referencing the Surtees incident, but I don't see how a halo would help.