View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3914129)   #35
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Claire, I appreciate that I am now considered to be a boring old f*rt, but what you have said is so blindingly obvious that the powers that be should be aware of what a cock-up they have created. And it is a drum that I have beaten quite a few times on this forum's pages.

I have never understood the requirement in more modern times to have curbing on virtually every racing circuit, except that they "protect" the edges of the tracks for the benefit of the circuit operators. There are countless videos/Youtubes online which show how racing conducted 50 or so years ago, and drivers were completely able to keep their far less sophisticated machines right between the white lines, and at the same time produced some of the most thrilling racing that one could want to see.

Unfortunately, in my mind, so much of this attitude to permit these things come about from a general malaise that persists in society where individuals seem incapable of exercising god old fashioned self control.
At last... someone who gets what I am saying