View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2019, 21:27 (Ref:3914194)   #37
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
One of the reasons karting is so expensive is because the guys need new frames two or three times a year. That's because they hit the kerbs every corner in just the fashion shown as "legal" in the official photos. Some of the karting kerbs are monsters "but to be quick you have to smash the kerbs."

Guess what? We have the karts on the jig every Saturday night after testing, and sometimes between races. Three frames per year isn't unusual.

All because of the great God of "smashing the kerbs." If the kerbs were made illegal costs would plummet. And to my mind, skills would rocket - any damned fool can be quick if every corner is a straight line!

But suggest that on the karting forums, and it's as if I'd suggested putting videos of the rules on social media. God, I was flamed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I know we don't see eye to eye on some things... but do you see what I am saying?..

This is what is a joke, is that if the circuit doesn't put em there... YOU CANT USE EM... they only put em there to stop the rest of it being churned up, run ons are now added for "safety" but as you can clearly see by the illustrations .. drivers will try to go faster out of a corner and use that ... hence my point, and here is the thing.... this thread (and the other) all refer to consistency.. "The rules need to be consistent"... yet, we've admitted on here that we drive differently at UK circuits than abroad... that if we are on a street circuit...or one with a wall... we wont go over the line... so we CAN do it... we are just lazy and THAT was what I was getting at.

To put it another way .....as the late great John Smith Clerk of The Course used to say... "The Accelerator works both ways you know"