View Single Post
Old 6 Aug 2019, 08:45 (Ref:3921635)   #33
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Geraint's Lister is indeed a lovely car with proper history and it was great to have it run in my Archie S B race a couple of times when Roberto Giordanelli owned it. Finished 2nd both times if I remember correctly.

Herewith a few more shots but if you want better ones, please take a look at John's link above. It was good to chill out with you at Luffield for a couple hours on Saturday, John.

One of my favourite cars at the meeting was Chris Pring's Allard J2 (6), which unusually, had the early Ford/Mercury V8 with Ardun heads and an absolute shoe in for the FISCAR series, so hopefully he will join us. The big K3 (2) of Mark Butterworth has run with us before but it struggles to last 30 minutes without mechanical issues and frying its brakes, so Mark prefers to run it in shorter races. It's a heavy old beast.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0373SSJT.jpg   IMG_0380SSJT.jpg   IMG_0407SSJT.jpg  

IMG_0423SSJT.jpg   IMG_0425SSJT.jpg   IMG_0449SSJT.jpg  

"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!