View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2018, 01:25 (Ref:3812713)   #77
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
people already are
Foxtel has hit a ceiling of 30% of households which no strategy has taken them beyond.Financially they have taken a huge hit in the last 12 months as their non sport subscribers have migrated to Netflix at $12/month.The new CEO sees Foxtel as an aggregator of content rather than a supplier of exclusive content as streaming options by sports are written into their new tv contracts.Liberty and F1 is a example of this.A great prototype is MotoGP.com.Pay tv subscriber numbers are falling all around the world as the landscape changes.All that is certain is that you will increasingly have to pay someone to watch top level coverage of your favourite sport as FTA tv is in permanent structural financial decline.Whether Foxtel can thrive will depend on price.
By the way I have had Foxtel for 20 years and for me it is good value because of F1 and Moto GP.Now EPL is gone without those I would probably be out of it.Also while some may position themselves as Ruperts BFF many of us see him as one of Australia's biggest corporate tax "avoiders" and a malignant influence on the Australian and world wide democratic process.