View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2018, 07:25 (Ref:3850017)   #12
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Can a team ‘accidentally’ put a different drop gear in at Bathurst so the cars don’t rattatatt on the limiter at the Chase, and have no charge laid against them?

There are only 2 drop bears (see what I did there?) allowed so to fit a higher one for Bathurst would mean using one that isn't allowed - that would no doubt be viewed differently to this case. Mind you, it might be entertaining to see if the car concerned could get up the hill in pit lane, on the pit lane limiter with a higher ratio drop gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
But still an infraction should not be left unpunished because there wasn't a performance benefit, because plenty of penalties have been issued before when nobody gained anything from it.

Just infuriating lack of consistency, it is the only consistent thing!
Although there have also been plenty of non-issue of penalties where there was no gain. Each case viewed on its merits by the stewards I guess.

Personally, regardless of the team, I think the "no performance benefit" thing is a crock - the car either meets the rules or it doesn't. If it does, happy days, if it doesn't - whammo!