View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2018, 12:44 (Ref:3856119)   #34
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
All sounds a bit patronising to me. If someone has got several million to support 'women in motorsport' would be better doing a Womens Racing Steps or similar.

Not a fan of this type of PR puff before a car has even turned a wheel either..!

"W Series drivers will become global superstars - inspirational role models for women everywhere - and every organisation, every company, every sponsor and indeed every single person who helps W Series' winners and champions achieve those ground-breaking successes will be able to celebrate their part in it, publicly, to lasting worldwide acclaim.
"W Series is an inspiring innovation whose time is now."

I would respectfully suggest that there are relatively few 'global superstars' on the F1 grid already, aside from Lewis, I would wager that most of the F1 grid could walk down the street unrecognised, let alone a junior formula becoming 'global superstars'. Sorry to be a cynic, but the people behind these things set themselves up for a fall with the fantastical ambitions and hype before it has even happened and we've seen all these ground breaking series before that were going to break the mould of tradtional motor sport - Superformula, A1GP, etc