View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2007, 13:02 (Ref:2039207)   #5
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think his reputation has certainly been damaged in Britain, but this is more due to everyone thinking Hamilton is the second coming.
Inaccurate, and I live in this country, so with all due respect, I'm better able to judge the views of many motorsport fans here on this matter than yourself.

I think most people rate Hamilton because he's so obviously very talented, and if he happens to be British, well then it gives us a new sports star to cheer for. Simple.

As for Alonso, yes I'm very disappointed in him. It seems strange for me to think that a year ago I was cheering for him wanting him to win the championship.

The way I see him now, he has made himself look a fool. He moans about not getting number 1 status when his driving this year did nothing to warrant it. Thus far, he has been beaten by a rookie, and I'm guessing feels like a bit of an idiot, thus comes out with all these comments (although he may be paranoid about unequal treatment as well, which is also silly).

The thing is, it didn't have to be like this. Inside his own mind, he has obviously acknowledged Hamilton's talent. So why didn't he accept this, and accept that losing to Hamilton is not the crying shame he has been presenting it to be?

He would have come out of this with a lot more respect from many people, both in the sport, and the fans, if he had acted this way. As it is, he has made himself look largely like the sulker much of the media has portrayed him to be. So, let's not instantly vilify the motorsport media for everything here- he has brought this on himself.