View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2020, 13:26 (Ref:3989741)   #39
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A very pleasant Sunday with some good racing as other have already observed. Lookes tlike the spectator numbers were pretty good for the modern era as well.

The Ice cream van near the entrance seemed to be busy all day.

The F1 race was pretty tight at the front most laps.

Slightly surprised that on the day entrance was £21 and that was something I had not seen mentioned at all on the website. Normally a couple of quid would be considered acceptable. But without dedicated staff for selling only tickets I'm not sure the £6 difference was justified.

None of the discounts for local residents, pensioners, or DPRAC members seem to available this year. Possibly no surprise but then they are running events almost every day now and noise levels seem a little higher than expected. The new houses being built very close to the Eastern end of the track are unlikely to be shielded by some newly planted shrubbery and may help the noise transmission further afield. Some local PR activity might be advisable for the future.

On a positive note, parking at the tarmac lake was quite convenient and I noted that there were a few cars accessing the inner spectator areas - presumably allowed in through the gates under some dispensation. The lockable poles that were installed last year to keep vehicles out seem to have disappeared so perhaps once (if?) the circuit gets back to something closer to previous operation access will become more available for those wishing to investigate the more distant parts of the circuit without having to walk there. For the bigger meetings with a lot of spectators I can see a need for restrictions but for club meetings they should not be a necessity. IMO.