View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2004, 20:56 (Ref:1096726)   #8
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hmm...I disagree with the "best reynard runner" idea. Again that is something done in feeder series, not a top level series. Toyota Atlantic does that with the C2 older swift chassis, USF2000 does it as well. Plus the Reynard isn't THAT much slower. It isn't as good a chassis, that much is for sure, but its not so bad that is always going to come in last place either.

I disagree about the one tire manufacturer too macdaddy. I think having only Bridgestone has become a detriment to the series in a few ways. First off, the tire compounds used are simply too hard compared to what they used to be. I'd like to see much softer compounds being used. They are harder to drive at the limits on, and they force the drivers to conserve the tires more. Right now the tires are almost in the same condition at the end of a stint then when they started even if a driver is being sloppy and over-agressive on them. Sure more marbles will build up as a result of the harder compound, but that isn't THAT big of a deal in my opinion. Marbles add another element of difficulty that adds to the excitment if you ask me.