View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2022, 14:53 (Ref:4121791)   #114
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Fuel shouldn't be a problem for a 90 minute race. If the current fuel containers are not sufficient to last for that long, then it would not be a major problem for the teams to have enlarged fuel cells manufactured and installed instead; I would imagine (in fact, I'm pretty certain that it would be part of the regulations) that they already have specially made fuel containers installed in the boot rather than using road going fuel tanks.
Mike, unless TOCA mandated it in the car design (in case of long-distance races) I doubt if there would be sufficient room/capacity for (say) 200% more fuel. The fuel cells will be integrated into the bodyshell design and (again) I doubt that additional capacity could be simply added.