View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2022, 16:02 (Ref:4127542)   #287
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I'm not aware of any issues over the way MB and Motorbase parted company, but that's not to say there weren't any. I almost mentioned Osbourne; not sure how much of a fixture he is within the team, but assumed it was less than Morgan/Moffatt.

I assume you mean acquiring both Boardley TBLs and forming a new 2-car squad using a completely different team doing the engineering. That paying for the TBL purchase and funding the build of 2 new cars - that's quite a big investment.
I'm not sure of the specifics - but I thought Pete Osborne's involvement at Motorbase meant that Sam was always likely to be part of the deal.

In respect to them getting a new set of engineering - Shaun Hollamby is still involved with the MB Motorsport team (AFAIK). He tweeted only today about 'our engineer' (Craig) being in hospital and his profile describes himself as 'Team Manager @MB_Motorsport' (although he tagged the wrong MB account ).

MB Motorsport has run a 2-car team successfully before in 2020 with Hollamby and Blundell at the helm - I'm sure they could do the same again.