View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2018, 14:06 (Ref:3803406)   #34
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I gotta agree with this statement. People were discussing the possibility of a land sale in this thread, I thought the discussion was good personally. People expressed their opinions and gave reasons for their way of thinking. That's why Tenths exist.
My problem is, I've been to lots of racetracks all over the world. While I like many of them, some are really nice. Barber is one of them. I was even there for the first race they ever had there and even today, the place is even better. They took the land and did everything from getting a motel, a Bass Pro Shops and an outlet mall there. There was even talk about Yamaha moving their HQ to Barber. Trust me, they had a huge issue with the environmentalists when building that facility, yet got through that.

As for Rod Atlanta, that place has many memories for me and I like the facility too. It's that it could be updated with some other business opportunities to make it even a better facility and be part of the area. Not something fighting it. It seems that the gloom and doom is that RA is going to be sold when I don't see that at all. On the other hand, if the people in the area keep up with the attitude that it's doomed, then it will be.

BTW: Road Atlanta, Road America and Mid Ohio were sentimental favorites for me in 2014 because each of those tracks, became the 40th year since I first was there. It was nice to see how they have changed in certain ways but still kept the character (technically Mid Ohio is completely different because 1982 was the major overhaul of that facility).