View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2008, 09:01 (Ref:2339412)   #5
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i like the odd trip to lydden, it was a true clubbie circuit and so was quite cheap to race at so i could forgive the rough paddock and facillities.

its a fun little circuit although rather unloved as it doesnt really suit big power cars and for many is rather tucked out the way, but because it was a cheap place to race those deficits were partitially overcome

personally i think to hike up hire fees by ten times the inflation rate will put many off, in my view they have pitched the hire price too close those of the major circuits like brands to make lydden attractive to anyone other than a lydden lover,

not so long back i we often had a choice of racing at lydden for £130 or brands for £200, that made lydden good value, those same figures would now be £180 or £220 no contest, brands it is!

im pretty sure the dorans will find drivers and championships going elsewhere,

maybe they are hoping that championships will just continue to go there? that could be very short sighted, unless the clubs feel they can get a decent grid they wil stop going there there is only so long a club can run races at a loss due to lack of driver support

Last edited by graham bahr; 22 Nov 2008 at 09:08.

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!