View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2017, 17:09 (Ref:3765881)   #101
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Think there is a Lockheed P38 Lightning on the display circuit, so probably that. They're described as 'twin boom', as only one fuselage, where the driver sits....
Confirmed, it flew again briefly today, absolutely splendid sight. Evidently it's the only airworthy example in Europe.
Some great racing today making up, in part at least, for the inclement weather. I've been fortunate enough once again to have a weekend pass in return for a few hours charity work over the weekend. Been spectating out at no name between Fordwater and St Mary's where the real action takes place! It always amuses me how so many people cram around the pits and adjacent corners where this isn't room to swing a cat whereas out at the really fast parts of the circuit there is acres of space. More to the point it gives a far better view of the bravery and commitment through the fast corners but then again I'm a race fan and didn't bother entering for the best dressed competition. Great weekend for me if more than a bit damp