View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2019, 16:13 (Ref:3916546)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yes, have a safe trip Mike. This time I'm not on the entry list! We know you always travel with your racing gear ready. May be you'll find an opportunity, you never know! Have fun there.
I did check.....

I’m not racing, but of course have full race kit with me, including a choice of open and closed helmets. Should be in the red car at Monza if all goes to plan and it survives Silverstone....

Getting Sunday night ferry meant few trucks boarding, but loads of cyclists instead! Not your racing cyclists, but very much your all shapes and sizes touring versions. Most shouldn’t have been wearing Lycra!

I guess as Sunday is a quiet freight day the ferries attract Convoi Exceptionnel trucks. There were two Airbus low loaders, I assume with plane wings, taking up the space of four normal trucks, and an even longer flatbed loaded with a full size shrink wrapped helicopter! It only just got got through the opening.....

Now in East France ready to cross into Germany tomorrow morn. Did 700km in 8hrs 20min. Don’t think that’s possible anywhere else in Europe!