View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2019, 13:12 (Ref:3913930)   #26
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
going back to Marcuses piece in Autosport, I can see his point
as he is right

yellow flags
In Historic Formula Ford, if You so much as lift under yellows in HFF You get passed, at least by some drivers
I have been passed under double waved yellows and SC board out

I have sat in protest proceedings at HSCC meetings where in car footage was examined and the overtake under yellows clearly established
yet with no action taken

Zandvoort Historic GP is different btw, You disregard a yellow, you will hear about it, even if its a friendly tap on your shoulder

what Marcus describes at Cadwell will lead to more safety cars,
because what marshall will venture out on the track if he cant rely on the intelligence of the competitors ?
what CoC will have marshalls near the track with no SC if he does not trust the competitors ?

also, there is not a lot of anticipative thinking among drivers
what I mean:
if there is a big pile up during the start, You can bank on a red flag whithin the next 30 seconds, yet some drivers are completely surprised by it
if there is a stranded car near the circuit, at the very least, there will be yellows next time round, if not not more
yet some manage to overlook the flags that should expext to be there..

as to the "one move" rule
HFF actually tries hard to make that known
some drivers try very hard not to take notice

RuE