Old 6 Aug 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3921729)   #24
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Sums up my fears for this meeting I'm afraid. First one I've missed and being local feel a bit 'guilty' about that but I thought last year was a bit flat and decided to give this year a miss.

Yes, not quite the same buzz as some previous years. Unlike previous years there seemed to be far more spectators on Saturday than Sunday, perhaps because the weather forecast for Saturday was better although both days turned out to be warm and pleasant. There seemed to be less infield activity/car clubs than previous years. I wonder if the change of name from 'Nostalgia' had some effect.

The Formula Fords (14 cars) and Historic Touring Cars were disappointingly sparse (and, unsurprisingly, the Jag race) but both had entertaining scraps down the field. The first FF race had several lead changes in the last couple of laps and the HTCs had close races for the lead and three cars scrapping for last place in both their races. The HTCs had only 10 cars for qualifying but all ten started and finished both races - reliability at least!